Pudina tal-Hobz (Bread Pudding)
- 1 large stale Maltese loaf
- 1 pkt Sultana
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped
- 2 eggs
- Grated rind of an orange
Method:1. Preheat the oven at a temperature 220C/428F/Gas 7.
2. Grease a 20cm x 20cm square tin and set aside.
3. Tear up the fruit loaf into small chunks and place in a bowl. Add the milk and allow bread to soak for 20 minutes.
4. Add the cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, eggs and orange zest and mix until well combined. Add the chopped chocolate and stir through.
5. Place the bread mixture in the tin and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pudina is crisp.