Smokin’ Chipotle Pork Stew – by Georgina Lawrence
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder,
cut into one-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle or can beer
- 3 deseeded chipotles peppers in
adobo sauce plus 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until very hot, about two minutes. Add the oil. Add the pork and cook, in batches if necessary, until browned on all sides. Transfer the pork to a bowl and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to low. Add the onions, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden and slightly browned around the edges, about 10 minutes. Add the reserved pork, beer, chipotles, adobo sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir until combined. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the pork is fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours.