Ruggata tal-Lewz by Georgina Lawrence
- 5 cups water
- 600gr sugar
- lemon rind
- 12 cloves
- 1-2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 tsp almond essence (or more to taste)
- tsp vanilla essence
- evaporated milk (about a quarter cup)
- Place the water, sugar, lemon rind, cloves and cinnamon in a pot and let it boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- When the mixture cools, pass it through a sieve to remove rind and cloves.
- Add essences and a little bit of evaporated milk.
- Pour in clean bottles and place them in the fridge.
- Dilute with water to taste.