Qaqocc mimli – Filled Artichokes
- Maltese loaf crumbled (if a bit stale better)
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- tuna chunks in oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- lots of fresh parsley finely chopped
- capers and olives
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
Mix all these ingredients well.
Stuff the filling between the artichoke leaves, make sure
you fill them really well, push the leaves with your fingers
so you make space where to fill in with the filling.
Make sure that the mixture is not dry and add olive oil if
necessary out in a pot with cold water at the bottom and
bring to a boil, cover the pot for around 30 minutes.
The artichokes will be ready once its easy to pull out one
of the leaves.
Once ready drizzle some more olive oil on the artichokes
and serve immediately.
Make sure you have lots of fresh Maltese bread handy.